Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Happy Birthday! To my boy.

C - has just turned ten years old.
Oh how the time has flown.


I swear I was just here.


This was the easiest birth of all my boys.
We had moved to Georgia nine months before and one day in late
November at nearly midnight, my water broke.
3 1/2 hours later the world had changed for the better, forever.
Because my son was born.

The words to a popular folk song apply to this day.
"In Dixie land where I was born early on one frosty morning,
look away, look away, look away Dixie land."



This picture was taken with out first digital camera.

But now that sweet baby has grown into a pretty terrific kid.
And I know that one-day, he will become a really good man.


We had a sleepover party for him and 5 friends.
They ate a lot - played games - ate - watched movies - ate


And went outside at 10:00 at night in the middle of a snowstorm...
Wearing t-shirts.
To jump on the trampoline and have a snowball fight.

I know that all of our neighbors just love us.

Isn't there supposed to be an adult supervising?
Obviously it's not me... the one with the camera taking pictures.

But they all survived the night.
Without getting pneumonia, as far as I could tell.

In the morning I asked if they wanted left over pizza, cereal or pancakes for breakfast.
They wanted all three. So that's what we had. 


And we all recovered... even my living room carpet.

Happy Birthday Baby!
Love you






2 comments:

urbanmingo said...

Looks like they had a fantastic time. A snowball fight on a trampoline in a snowstorm, that is one of the most awesome things i have ever seen :)
Happy Birthday to your boy!

Jillian McKenzie said...

He is an excellent young man. It's weird to think about how much time has gone by and how he's grown. We send all our love to him. Happy birthday C!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...